Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NiekHacquebord
Frequent Visitor

Graph showing x-weeks rolling data over multiple years

Dear all,

I have been working on some data that is being reported on a weekly basis (i.e. each week is one data entry). All seemed to work fine until I wanted to refresh my data for the first time in 2022. I then got some strange results because of weeknumbers partly falling into both years, etc. 

Currently my view is as follows

volumes_PBI.png

I would like to have my x-axis showing the week numbers, but it should obviously 'reset' the count once the new year starts (as in below example by @v-rzhou-msft ). I tried some things (e.g. adding the year number to the week number to make it work in chronological order) but I haven't figured out the correct solution for now. 

1.png

Additionally, once my x-axis is fixed, I would like to show the data of the last x-number (26 or 52) of weeks, preferably updated automatically. 

Could anyone help me out with this? Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NiekHacquebord ,

Add a week column to the table.

week = WEEKNUM('Table'[Date],2)

Then use date heirarchy and [week] as x-axis and turn off concatenate labels under format -> x-axis.

1.PNG2.PNG

To only show the latest number of weeks, you could add the [date] column to visual filter then use Relative date filter feature.

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NiekHacquebord ,

Add a week column to the table.

week = WEEKNUM('Table'[Date],2)

Then use date heirarchy and [week] as x-axis and turn off concatenate labels under format -> x-axis.

1.PNG2.PNG

To only show the latest number of weeks, you could add the [date] column to visual filter then use Relative date filter feature.

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NiekHacquebord , use datesYTD

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))

or a measure like

YTD= CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year]) && 'Date'[Week] <= Max('Date'[Week]) ))

Use a separate date or year week table 

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply! Still haven't managed to make it work, but I am not sure whether I phrased my question correctly. What I tried previously is to use some kind of "YearWeek" column to fix my data (see below). However, the x-axis then has type "categorical", whereas I want to show it chronological order. Is there any way to fix this? Or should I maybe just number all the weeks over all the years and then use "continuous" on the x-axis? Then I probably won't be able to show correct values on the x-axis..

Capture.PNG

Hope this clarifies my question a bit more. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.