Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kalyani
Helper I
Helper I

Graph show 0 values with Axis details

Hello,

I have the source data in excel. My visuals are based on the month and continent levels.

Capture.JPG

I'm using Barchart to show the numbers, Continents will be in X Axis and Month will be in Y Axis. If I select MArch month, there is no data entered, so the entire space of the chart is showing empty(seems like there is no graph in the place). Is there a possibility to show the X and Y axis of the graph, evem if there is no value for the specific selections.

Similar to the bar grpah, I'm using Donut chart and Tornado also to show some 2 different attribute values for the Continents. In the all the charts it is showing empty if there are no values for the selections(say March)

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @kalyani

Try to right click on your field and select "Show items with no data." Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Parker

Hi, sorry I should have mentioned about this. Show items with no data will work only if I have all the continents and month entered with 0 value in source. What if a user did not enter anything for the continent for March as it has no value. Like I dont even have an entry in source file, but want to display all the continents in axis of graph if everything is null

Hi kalyani,

You can replace null with 0 in Query Editor. Click Query Editor-> Replace Value.

111.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi,1.JPG

2.JPG

this is how my tornado and month selection looks like, on the first landing page. but If I select the month as April, below given is the result, it is not showing any values not even the axis, as there is no data in the source file. But my reuqirement is even, if there is no data in the source file, then atleast expecting to see the axis values .

3.JPG

4.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.