Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Graph per Person list sharepoint

Hello;

How is possible to create a graph by person with a SharePoint list ?

I have this Sharepoint list and I would like a day number (approved) / per month

How is it possible to have a different graph per person ?

Capture1.PNG

The result I would like to have (one person) : number of day / month => per Person

graph.PNG

Thank for your help 🙂 !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

to achieve what you want I would do this:

1. Make suere that the  "Date_For_..." column is of data type Date
  2. Create an additional calculated column that extracts the year from the date column using a DAX statement like this
    Year = YEAR('<tablename>'[Date_From_...])
  3. Create an additional calculated column that exctract the month (numeric) from the date column using a DAX statement like this
    Month = Month('<tablename>'[Date_From_...])
  4. Create an additional calculated column that exctract the month name from the date column using a DAX statement like this
    Month Name = FORMAT('<tablename>'[Date_From_...] , "MMM")
  5.  Make sure that the column "Month Name" is sorted by the column "Month"
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column#sort-using-the-sort-by-column-butto...

Now you can create a column chart, using the newly created column "Month Name" on the x-axis, drag the "Date_From_..." column to the value band and switch the aggregation function to count.

Use the column "Requester" as a slicer to make sure that only the values from one person are used.

If you want to create a chart that contains all the data for all persons at the same time, but in an extra chart, you have to use a custom visual that supports "small multiples" like the Infographic Designer (available from the marketplace without any costs). Here is a screenshot of a small multiple created by using the Infograhic Designer custom visual:

image.png

Hopefully this provides you with some ideas.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

to achieve what you want I would do this:

1. Make suere that the  "Date_For_..." column is of data type Date
  2. Create an additional calculated column that extracts the year from the date column using a DAX statement like this
    Year = YEAR('<tablename>'[Date_From_...])
  3. Create an additional calculated column that exctract the month (numeric) from the date column using a DAX statement like this
    Month = Month('<tablename>'[Date_From_...])
  4. Create an additional calculated column that exctract the month name from the date column using a DAX statement like this
    Month Name = FORMAT('<tablename>'[Date_From_...] , "MMM")
  5.  Make sure that the column "Month Name" is sorted by the column "Month"
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column#sort-using-the-sort-by-column-butto...

Now you can create a column chart, using the newly created column "Month Name" on the x-axis, drag the "Date_From_..." column to the value band and switch the aggregation function to count.

Use the column "Requester" as a slicer to make sure that only the values from one person are used.

If you want to create a chart that contains all the data for all persons at the same time, but in an extra chart, you have to use a custom visual that supports "small multiples" like the Infographic Designer (available from the marketplace without any costs). Here is a screenshot of a small multiple created by using the Infograhic Designer custom visual:

image.png

Hopefully this provides you with some ideas.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.