Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

krisbainbridge
Frequent Visitor

Graph colours change once uploaded

When we upload a file from PBI, the colours for the legends keep changing.  For example one day "city" may have the column in blue, then when we look the following day it turns to yellow.  There is no conditional formatting.  Sometimes, even when uploading the file the colour changes.  Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
mbuick
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this issue. When ever I open PowerBI desktop, the colours in my graphs are changed. Has anyone figured this out yet?

mbuick
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this issue. When ever I open PowerBI desktop, the colours in my graphs are changed. Has anyone figured this out yet?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @krisbainbridge,

After two days' test, I still can't reproduce the issue. The color applied in Legend is retained on Power BI service. I'm using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017)).

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Which visual does this issue with? And what's your data source? 

To better investigate on it, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue?Smiley Happy

Regards

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @krisbainbridge,

I'm trying to test it on my side, and I will let you know if I could reproduce the same issue later.Smiley Happy

Regards

edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

It sounds like a bug if you are using and older version of Power BI. I recommend you to updated, see if that helps.

Regards!

Erich Dejesus

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.