Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrewmosey

Graph alignment

I've noticed the alignment of a guage chart changes depending on the data.

When the Value is smaller than the Target Value, the guage starts 20px from the leftmost point of the widget.

When the Value is greater than the Target Value, the guage starts 50px from the leftmost point of the widget.

Here's a picture:

guage alignment.png

Is this intended behaviour, or a bug? It is making it impossible to align images with a guage chart (you can see in my screenshot the total mark is aligned in the second example, but not the first).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andrewmosey,

Based on my test, the issue is caused by the data labels in the Gauge chart visual. If we want to display data label on the left or right side, it will take some place and the gauge will move to right or left correspondingly. If you want to align two gauge visual properly, you can turn off data label for each gauge visual.

q1.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andrewmosey,

Based on my test, the issue is caused by the data labels in the Gauge chart visual. If we want to display data label on the left or right side, it will take some place and the gauge will move to right or left correspondingly. If you want to align two gauge visual properly, you can turn off data label for each gauge visual.

q1.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
teylyn
MVP

Another excellent reason not to use gauge charts. 

The reason for the alignment seems to be the data label for the "current" value. The label extends beyond the arch of the gauge, so the plot area is adjusted. 

Instead of a gauge, consider a bullet chart, a much better visualisation, which will not have that problem. You can get them from the Visuals Gallery

cheers, teylyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.