Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Granularity issue

have three tables geography, sector and sales:

jaweher89_0-1619816654744.png

when I test the results:

jaweher89_1-1619816684100.png

Expected results: how to correct it?

jaweher89_2-1619816711597.png

I put an example of pbix file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnEAuCTkPRNnFk9fFBsD4Ke8fhCxmqb6/view?usp=drivesdk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, I did a test. Maybe you have set a filter on "IDSALES" column like "<=200".

v-yuaj-msft_0-1620200895318.png

If you want to display this value on Power BI Desktop, You could just drag the field of "IDSALES" to the filter on table visual as follows.

v-yuaj-msft_1-1620201092714.png

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, I did a test. Maybe you have set a filter on "IDSALES" column like "<=200".

v-yuaj-msft_0-1620200895318.png

If you want to display this value on Power BI Desktop, You could just drag the field of "IDSALES" to the filter on table visual as follows.

v-yuaj-msft_1-1620201092714.png

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I think you have applied a filter on the IDSALES column in the sales table for IDs from 120 to 190. When I apply the same in Power BI you get the results, almost.

Fowmy_0-1619824978066.png.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @Anonymous,

its not easy to say,how you got your results from, because you filtered something else in your excel sheet. 

But as far I can see, you used the whole date range. And looking for industrial and finance in column sector1. Looking at the complete sales table actually every row consist of industrial or finance branch in column sector 1. So of course the total sum is 6291432.

A tip as well for connecting tables: Its easier to use distinct ID's. You use many equal names which looks more ambiguous. But anyway, in the data you tried to filter, the other dimension table didn't even come into play.

Hope it helps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.