Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JT-DLPLC
Frequent Visitor

Grand Total of measure - hasonefilter doesn't work...

Hello everybody, hoping you can help. My totals don’t add up… Am sure this is a common problem, but the solutions I’ve found elsewhere (including the HASONEFILTER) don’t seem to work for me.

I am doing some supplier rebate tracking – if we buy more than x amount of goods in a year then we get a rebate y% on the total purchase amount.

Order Value YTD is just the YTD SUM on the purchase facts.

Full Year Target Amount is just the Full Year Sum on the Target Facts

DTG Full Year Target is Full Year Target – Order Value YTD

Rebate % is Max(rebate) on the rebate table

Rebate Test 1:=if([DTG Full Year Target]>0,0,(sumx('Purchase Facts',[GBP Order Value YTD]*[Rebate])))

Rebate Test 2=(calculate(sumx('Purchase Facts',[GBP Order Value YTD]*[Rebate]),filter('Purchase Facts',[DTG Full Year Target]<0)))

We can see that Rebate test 1 gives the correct amounts for the indivudal suppliers but not the grand total. Rebate test 2 just throws out blanks.

suppliers.png

How can I get the total to be the sum of the individual suppliers? i.e. 213,665 + 64062 + 0 = 277727

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

For many of these kinds of issues, use HASONEFILTER combined with an ALLSELECTED in the case of your total. Very tough to say exactly without more information.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks mate - shall investigate the ALLSELECTED function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.