Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Governance of reports to external customers

So one of the main challenges I'm facing within my Company right now is how to share my power bi report with external clients. At the moment, the general consensus is to export to PDF which I don't like. 

Obviously, the possibility to share Apps with people outside the Company's employee network is an Organisational governance matter, but assuming this is not going to change in the near future, is there a solution that I'm missing, which would enable more automation than manually exporting to PDF, and perhaps more interaction than a flat image of a gloriously interactive report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnthonyTilley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Unfortunatly there is no way to share with an external user unless they have a power bi pro license or you are using the Premium capacity version of Power bi services.

you are able to embed your reports within a webpage that can be shared but this requires the user to login to their Power bi account to view.

you can also share externally 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-your-power-bi-content-with-anyone-by-email-2/

but when the user joins as a guest to your network you need to assign them a power bi pro license. so again they would require a license.

other than this the only other options are to simply share the .pbix file and have the external user open this in the desktop app as this only requires a free license.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AnthonyTilley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Unfortunatly there is no way to share with an external user unless they have a power bi pro license or you are using the Premium capacity version of Power bi services.

you are able to embed your reports within a webpage that can be shared but this requires the user to login to their Power bi account to view.

you can also share externally 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-your-power-bi-content-with-anyone-by-email-2/

but when the user joins as a guest to your network you need to assign them a power bi pro license. so again they would require a license.

other than this the only other options are to simply share the .pbix file and have the external user open this in the desktop app as this only requires a free license.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.