Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gabrielrca
Regular Visitor

Google forms data edit.

I made a google forms with lots of multiple choice questions and some checkboxes. The problem is these checkboxes have the "Others..." option, wich means that people can write things in it. I've exported this into a sheets and got it into the Power query.

Now, I want PBI to delete (or ignore) this "others..." options and count each checkbox (separeted in comas inside the column) to make the graphics. Can someone help me? I am recent to PBI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gabrielrca ,

Regarding crossing with other survey questions, yes it's possible! To do that we need to change from a calculated column to a calculated measure.

Here is a screenshot

Survey Analysis.png

And here is the formula for the calculated measure instead of calculated column (it's almost the same, with the addition of SELECTEDVALUE)

contar como conheceu = 
VAR currentAnswer = SELECTEDVALUE(Planilha1[Como conheceu])

RETURN 

SUMX(
     'Respostas ao formulário 1',
    VAR respondentAnswer = 'Respostas ao formulário 1'[Por quais meios você conheceu a Academia Compasso?]
    RETURN
    IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(currentAnswer,respondentAnswer)),0,1)
 )

And you can download the Power BI example from here.

Best of luck for analyzing your survey. If you need any more help, do not hesitate contacting me.

Regards,

LC

Want to learn Power BI and DAX? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @gabrielrca ,

can you send a screenshot of what your table looks like?

Screenshot_1.png

The red arrows are pointing to an "Others..." option and the coma division I said before. It's in portuguese. @lc_finance 

Hi @gabrielrca ,

Do you have a separate column listing all the predefined answers?

That separate column can be used for the count

If yes, let me know and i'll propose a solution

Luca

I can create one, there are only 8 possible awnsers. Tks. @lc_finance 

Hi @gabrielrca ,

here is the solution: you create a calculated column that counts the number of times an answer is used by a respondent.

Here is the formula for the column:

Count = 
VAR currentAnswer = [Answers]

RETURN 

SUMX(
     'SurveyTable',
    VAR respondentAnswer = [Respondent Answer]
    RETURN
 )

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like :

Count Responses Survey.png

And finally, you can download the sample Power BI file from here.

Hope this answers your question!

LC

Interested in Power BI templates? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

Tks for your help. Now I want to cross this data with other columns values. I have to relate them? How do I do it? 

One last thing: I got a huge "Blank" column in my graphic. Do you know why this might have happened? @lc_finance 

Hi @gabrielrca ,

can you explain more about 'cross this data with other column values', what would you like to do?

Regarding the blank column in your chart, can you share a sample Power BI file? 

That will make it easier to help you.

Regards,

LC

www.finance-bi.com

Screenshot_2.png

I want to be able to cross all this data. It means that I want to be able to cross, for example, this "Sim" or "Não" lines with ppl that checked "Emagrecimento" at google forms. Another problem that you will see in my BI sample is that the graphics are, for some reason, inverted. It seems that it is counting how many times it IS NOT apearing. @lc_finance 

https://gofile.io/?c=bq7zwb  Link to my BI sample

Hi @gabrielrca ,

Regarding crossing with other survey questions, yes it's possible! To do that we need to change from a calculated column to a calculated measure.

Here is a screenshot

Survey Analysis.png

And here is the formula for the calculated measure instead of calculated column (it's almost the same, with the addition of SELECTEDVALUE)

contar como conheceu = 
VAR currentAnswer = SELECTEDVALUE(Planilha1[Como conheceu])

RETURN 

SUMX(
     'Respostas ao formulário 1',
    VAR respondentAnswer = 'Respostas ao formulário 1'[Por quais meios você conheceu a Academia Compasso?]
    RETURN
 )

And you can download the Power BI example from here.

Best of luck for analyzing your survey. If you need any more help, do not hesitate contacting me.

Regards,

LC

Want to learn Power BI and DAX? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.