Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Sheets

Hi, when I connect to power bi to google sheets I get "We didn't find any tables on this web page". Do you know how to fix this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mariag_murddu,

I test this in my environment, I find that when I connect to web, it will show like below

495.PNG

When I download the Excel and connect this in powerbi, it will have error in it. I think this is caused by the pivot table in your Excel, when I delete this in Excel, it will work. So I sugges you could delete it in your  google sheet , and test again to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mariag_mureddu,

You need to check whether you have permission to access the sheet. In addition, when you need to google sheet, you need to change URL as below

change

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/google-sheet-guid/edit?usp=sharing

to 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/google-sheet-guid/export?format=xlsx&id=google-sheet-guid

You could refer to How to connect google sheet with power bi?  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe,

Many thanks for your help:

Yes, I changed the link and I have access to the document as I am the owner.

But when I connect I get this:
power bi error.PNG

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried clicking web view instead of table view?

Anonymous
Not applicable

it doesn't let me click web view..

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mariag_mureddu,

You need to make sure you could view the table data when use the shared Gollgle sheet link in browser or you need to make sure you have permission to read it. In addition, you could create a new google sheet to test this problem to see whether it work or not. By the way, if there is no sensitive data in google sheet, you also could try to share this with me to test it.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I created a test file published on the web that doesn't work either. You can try with it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTVdGqMXpVzO-6znXra8cKG8bfIY_f9hUn9eAPgjMTbvkxu80JkL...

Thanks,

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mariag_mureddu,

I can't open your link beacuse I don't have permission to access this. You could view my above link, this is a shared link. You need to click share button in google sheet, give permission to users, and copy the shared link , use this in PowerBI and change link as my previous reply.

494.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Yes sorry, I pasted the wrong link. Please see the right one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C3p2qZOpmrZm0Dy9StDReuzc_jU8fPsU-gl58yn5TRI/edit?usp=sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your test file works fine for me.

I used get data > web > basic to access it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mariag_murddu,

I test this in my environment, I find that when I connect to web, it will show like below

495.PNG

When I download the Excel and connect this in powerbi, it will have error in it. I think this is caused by the pivot table in your Excel, when I delete this in Excel, it will work. So I sugges you could delete it in your  google sheet , and test again to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.