Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheGeneral

Google Analytics not showing tables

Hi

I am trying to query my Google Analytics data with Power Bi desktop. I pick the connector, add my google login details and I can see the Account and Property but I am unable to see the data tables and am therefore unable to connect to view / chart the GA data.

I have tried different accounts and get to the same point and have added colleagues to the account at the Google Analytics end but we see the account / property but no tables. If I use Google Data Studio I can see everything.

Is there something I am doing wrong? - I have the latest 64bit version of Power Bi desktop (and have reinstalled)

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheGeneral ,

First, ensure that Power BI Desktop is the latest version.

Then try to clear the previous credentials and reconnect.

Steps about clearing credentials:

1.In Power BI Desktop, Go to the File menu and select Options and Settings > Data Source settings

NA1FgGPzb0-bndj3MC2nCzsLy5YTwM2-Ww.png

2.Clear the credential.

4cpsIfryad64mqJMOL1BKOm2E0FCkWK54A.png

The steps about connecting Google Analytics:

1. In Power BI Desktop, click “Get Data” from the Home ribbon tab.
  2. Select “Online Services” from the categories in the left pane.
  3. Select Google Analytics from the list of online services.
  4. At the bottom of the window, click “Connect.”
  5. You’ll be prompted with a dialog that explains that the Google Analytics connector is a third-party service. Click “Continue” to move forward.
  6. You’ll be prompted to sign in to Google Analytics. When you enter your credentials, you’ll see a message that Power BI would like to have online access. To let Power BI Desktop access your GA data, you’ll want to accept.
  7. After you accept, Power BI Desktop will show that you’re signed in to Google Analytics.
  8. Select “Connect” to link your Google Analytics data with Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adelheni
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, Power bi's connector for google analytics has always had its issues, the biggest being sampling.
I think it would be much easier for you to connect your google analytics data to a data warehouse and then get it to power bi.

But this can be a hassle and quite technical, so I would advise you, to use a third-party connector, who already has this setup such as this one that I've been using for a while now ( https://windsor.ai/connect-google-analytics-to-power-bi-guide/).

imaz

Hi 
I'm having a same issue but i didn't resolved by clearing the permissions 
please help

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheGeneral ,

First, ensure that Power BI Desktop is the latest version.

Then try to clear the previous credentials and reconnect.

Steps about clearing credentials:

1.In Power BI Desktop, Go to the File menu and select Options and Settings > Data Source settings

NA1FgGPzb0-bndj3MC2nCzsLy5YTwM2-Ww.png

2.Clear the credential.

4cpsIfryad64mqJMOL1BKOm2E0FCkWK54A.png

The steps about connecting Google Analytics:

1. In Power BI Desktop, click “Get Data” from the Home ribbon tab.
  2. Select “Online Services” from the categories in the left pane.
  3. Select Google Analytics from the list of online services.
  4. At the bottom of the window, click “Connect.”
  5. You’ll be prompted with a dialog that explains that the Google Analytics connector is a third-party service. Click “Continue” to move forward.
  6. You’ll be prompted to sign in to Google Analytics. When you enter your credentials, you’ll see a message that Power BI would like to have online access. To let Power BI Desktop access your GA data, you’ll want to accept.
  7. After you accept, Power BI Desktop will show that you’re signed in to Google Analytics.
  8. Select “Connect” to link your Google Analytics data with Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @TheGeneral 

Have you clicked on the black triangles next to property?  The Google Analytics data is down several levels, you need to click the black triangles to open up the heirarchy.

Burningsuit_0-1634565033285.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.