Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics data issues

Hi everyone, 

I am very new at using power bi and I experience a challenge using data from GA. 

I created two tables with the following KPIs connected to the exact same source:

Table 1 with "device category", "date" and "transactions" RESULT> Transaction is 41

Table 2 with device category", "date", "transactions" and "sessionsRESULT> Transaction is 48

I know that the correct data is 41 transactions as I have checked in GA.

So my question is the following: why do I see such a difference between the two tables. I know table 2 has an extra metric (session) so could it be the problem? if so, why? and if so, how do I create a table containing multiple metrics in the correct way ? 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I think the difference should related to session, some of records existed multiple times(for single session it not duplicated), maybe you can try to write a measure to calculate deal with duplicate records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

probably the difference comes from sessions spanning across mutliple days
similar problem here
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Users-from-Google-Analytics-off/m-p/67624/highlight/true#M2...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.