Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mshaivitz
Frequent Visitor

Google Analytics Time on Site/Duration not updating

Hi - I've pulled in the Session Duration metric from Google Analytics, and converted it to a time.

I'm using a Measure to display it in a Card on a dashboard - Measure 2 = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Time on Site'[Session Duration].[Day]) )

It worked the first time I did it - my metric of time on site matched what was in GA - but it doesn't update. I'm not sure why because when I look in the Table View, I see up to date numbers.

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
gpillai
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I know it's been a while, but did you find the solution to this by any chance? I'm facing the same issue. 

Thanks, 

G.  

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mshaivitz wrote:

Hi - I've pulled in the Session Duration metric from Google Analytics, and converted it to a time.

I'm using a Measure to display it in a Card on a dashboard - Measure 2 = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Time on Site'[Session Duration].[Day]) )

It worked the first time I did it - my metric of time on site matched what was in GA - but it doesn't update. I'm not sure why because when I look in the Table View, I see up to date numbers.

Any help is appreciated.

@mshaivitz

What is the data type of [Session Duration], date, datetime, time? What is the measure expected to output?

Hi @Eric_Zhang - the data type for Session Duration is Date/Time with a format of HH:mm:ss. The measure/output is an average of the Session Duration column. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.