Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jaikrit94
Helper I
Helper I

Google Analytics Refresh Error

Hi All,

I have been updating a report after the end of every month. The report is connected to my Google Analytics account. When I tried to update the report today, I received an error. I closed the application and reopened it but still continue to face the same issue. I have attached an image below. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jaikrit94,

According to your description and the error message, there should be some new data which has the wrong data format in your "GA_Geo" table that causes the refresh failed. Please go to check if that is the case.Smiley Happy

In addition, also make sure you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November 2016)).

Regards

Hello @v-ljerr-msft,

I managed to get around this issue with a temporary fix. I removed the GA_Geo table from my Power BI Desktop file (essentially I made a new PBI Desktop file without this table) and the Google Analytics Refresh works fine for the rest of the tables. 

After much research into why the GA_Geo table was causing issues - it turns out it was because of referral spam (most likely)

This month I viewed my GA account and it seems the referral spam is no longer there - so I decided to refresh the old PBI Desktop file with the GA_Geo table in it and got the same error message for the GA_Geo table but another error message for two seperate tables too. If you (or anyone within the community) could provide me with some guidance into tackling this issue, I will be very grateful! Thank you in advance. 

GA1.JPGGA2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.