Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmanwaring
Resolver I
Resolver I

Google Analytics - Limit exceeded

Hello All,

I have without issues been using a daily refresh using the built in api for google analytics.

Recently however i get this error.

Screenshot_1.png

When i go to the URL is says "Fail to load" as i am guessing this project is not attached to an account of sorts?

So i went ahead and created an account for using the google apis and can create a project etc. (not sure how to link it to the above project id)

My problem is that i have no information on how to connect to google analytics outside of the provided connectors.

Please, if anyone has had experience with this issue and can point me in the right direction or provide a solution that would be awesome.

Thanks

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmanwaring,

It seems to be an error from google analytics API but not from Power BI side. Please refer to this document. You can consult more problem about API in Power BI developer community.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

rwurgler

I had the same problem, found the answer in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN5ch2hUS7s

The video describes the problem (and why it happens) between the 1:30 and 6:40 time points. It helped me to watch the whole thing, but if you're impatient the actual solution starts at the 8:45 time point.

Here's a summary:

CAUSE: By default, Power BI attempts to pull ALL data from GA...that could mean thousands or millions of records that you don't actually need, but they count against your daily quota.

SOLUTION: Use filter(s) to reduce the amount of data you’re pulling from Google Analytics to Power BI. Filter the query to only pull the date range you need.

IMPORTANT BEST PRACTICE: Use specific dates to define your desired date range in the query filter. Don't use presets like "This Month" or "Last Month" This ensures you're filtering on the datastream from the GA datacube instead of a locally cached subsample. The video explains this between 9:45 and 12:30.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rwurgler

I had the same problem, found the answer in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN5ch2hUS7s

The video describes the problem (and why it happens) between the 1:30 and 6:40 time points. It helped me to watch the whole thing, but if you're impatient the actual solution starts at the 8:45 time point.

Here's a summary:

CAUSE: By default, Power BI attempts to pull ALL data from GA...that could mean thousands or millions of records that you don't actually need, but they count against your daily quota.

SOLUTION: Use filter(s) to reduce the amount of data you’re pulling from Google Analytics to Power BI. Filter the query to only pull the date range you need.

IMPORTANT BEST PRACTICE: Use specific dates to define your desired date range in the query filter. Don't use presets like "This Month" or "Last Month" This ensures you're filtering on the datastream from the GA datacube instead of a locally cached subsample. The video explains this between 9:45 and 12:30.

Hi rwurgler

Thank you for posting this.

I must have skipped over this video as i follow Ruths channel 🙂

i will look closer at my solution and clean up the data requests.

regards

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mmanwaring, @v-huizhn-msft!

I´m having problems with GA Api. I found this post and I applied the solution of the video but didn't work for me.
Now I have a different error but continues without refresh....

Captura.PNG

Any Idea?

Thanks

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmanwaring,

It seems to be an error from google analytics API but not from Power BI side. Please refer to this document. You can consult more problem about API in Power BI developer community.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.