Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteriCarl

Google Analytics Invalid Token

Hi All,

I built my reporting pack in the desktop version of Power BI a few months ago and was pulling in data from various sources, including Google Analytics, which all worked fine.

I recently received a new work laptop and installed Power BI on it then loaded in my previously built reporting pack, however when I now try to connect to Google Analytics I get the following error:

Error message

All the other connections in my report work fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@SteriCarl,

In the laptop, are you able to directly sign in Google Analytics using your account in browser?

In addition, I would recommend you open a new blank Power BI Desktop file, go to Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings - Global permissions in Power BI Desktop, clear permission of any old connections about Google Analytics, then re-connect to Google Analytics and check if it is successful.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am able to sign into my google account without issue.

I also already tried clearing existing permissions and then re-connecting. Unfortunately this didn't work either.

Regards,

Carl

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I have found the solution to the problem.

1. In the registered google account under 'Sign-in & security' select 'Connected apps & sites'.

2. Select 'MANAGE APPS'.

3. Find Power BI in the list of connect apps, select it and then click 'REMOVE'.

4. Uninstall Power BI Desktop and Reinstall it.

5. Follow the usual connection instructions to connect to Google Analytics.

I'm guessing when moving from one machine to another there is a problem with syncing the access tokens generated which causes this issue.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Carl

OK, so the above solution worked yesterday.

I've just opened my report and attempted to refresh and I am getting the original error again!

Why is this happening?

Hi,

I've resolved the problem.

You have an invalid token when you use your google account on many support.

Last eveneing, i deleted my account on my personnal computer. Today, i can use the GA connector on my work computer.

Hello,

Has anyone found solution to this issue. I've successfully connected to Google Analytics from Power BI Desktop earlier. When I tried to refresh recently it throws 'Invalid Token' error. Tried all the solutions mentioned in this post(including enabling TSL 1.2). Please help!!

P.S. Havent used my account in other systems.

Hi,

After a chat with the IT, the problem was the proxy used by my company.

Hi

I have the same issue.

Somebody has found a solution ?

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.