Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics Daily Limit Exceeded

Hi Community,

I have been getting Google analytics daily limit reached error since last 3-4 days. I have certainly nor reached any limits ( esp after PT midnight - as I get same error with any query - even for trying to connect to GA).

Anyone else also getting same error?

I have seen @carlito message, but thought to start a new thread so that its more visible as other thread is already 'solved'.

Edit:

I can access the API, and retrieve data from outside PBI (Python in my case)

Don't even let you connect to the source ie GA connector

Edit2: 13/03/2018

Worked fine for some time on 12th, ie yesterday, but again back to the error.

Edit 3: 14/03/2018

Opened a ticket with microsoft

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

Yes started working for me as well may be a more than a week now. closing the thread.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
pkilo
Frequent Visitor

I still receive this  repeatedly (may be fixed during the same day, but re-shows again - almost every week).

Naturally, it is always there, when the moment is the worst. 

GA Daily limit error.PNG

dutchgarma
Regular Visitor

Hey, I still have this issue, I ran into it just now. Can anyone confirm this is still not fixed? I'm getting the exact same error message including faulty project ID link

Anonymous
Not applicable

working for me - touch wood.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI All,

This is a known issue which power bi team is work on it, it will been fixed at 03/23/2018 00:00 PDT. 

Please take a look on support page to know more about this:

Power bi Support

Customers who attempt to create a new query or edit their credentials for Google Analytics data sources may get an authentication error when entering their Google account information. In addition, some customers may get authentication errors when refreshing datasets that access Google Analytics data. Engineers are working on the fix to mitigate the issue. Next Update @@03/23/2018 00:00 PDT

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

They just hinted the status will be updated on 3/23. The same issue has been posted for a while since a week ago.
They updated this issue but only changed the updating time (3/19 -> 3/21 -> 3/23 this time), and keeps the same description.

HI @Leon,

Does this issue works now?

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

It works. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

Yes started working for me as well may be a more than a week now. closing the thread.

Drors
Resolver III
Resolver III

I also have that problem in the last days.

I wrote a script in google script that save the GA data into google spredsheet, from there I use some free service that sinc the files from google drive to one drive, and I read the data from the onedrive. its works great and I can finally use incremental loading in power BI

kristersp
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Started ~2,3 weeks ago

scara
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same error, it used to let me update once early morning but now I cannot update at all.  The issue is with Power Bi and the GA API.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scara

Same here - It worked on Monday - tested few times, all fine - back to square one today .

Should we be opening a ticket with Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently, it is working at the moment. you guys can try and see.

atapia197
Frequent Visitor

I have found a solution 😉

Forget the powerbi connector to google analytics, because it has this limit issue.

What I have done is open a new spreedsheet on google drive, and then I have installed the "google analytics" complement, which you can find on the Complement Menu (add new).

Run the complement, define the metrics and dimmensions you need, define a scheduled refresh and run the complement.

Once it is ready, go to File menu, publish to web as csv file, and insert in powerbi this URL (get data web).

That´s it, the data is refreshed via google drive, and powerbi gets the data from this file 😉

Hope it helps!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

dwarr
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Have you guys seen this post.  

Seems that the problem was identified and solved.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Google-Analytics-Limit-Exceeded-Error/td-p/371004

This link describes the limits. 

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v3/limits-quotas

Identified yes, but not solved
atapia197
Frequent Visitor

Same problem since last days and I am desperate!!

designervga

I have the same problem.

I can't refresh GA data in Power BI Desktop. (Using default connector)

Obs: GA data at Power BI cloud are refreshing normally.

Leon
Frequent Visitor

+1

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.