Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dutchgarma
Regular Visitor

Google Analytics/Adwords Connector provides wrong cost data

Hi,

I'm using the google analytics connector to get adwords data into power bi. More specifically I need Adwords costs data, per month of the year, per Adwords campaign. So every campaign/month combination is 1 record. The issue I run into is that all cost data (total costs, cost per conversion etc) seems to be 20-30% higher than what I see in the Google Adwords interface. Anyone have a clue what might cause this? Non-cost data like page views and clicks are correct.

It seems to be an issue related to currencies; Our US account reports the correct data, but all other accounts (most of them in EUR) report wrong data. 

EDIT: Power Query sample:

let
Source = GoogleAnalytics.Accounts(),
#"111111" = Source{[Id="111111"]}[Data],
#"UA-111111-25" = #"111111"{[Id="UA-111111-25"]}[Data],
#"22222222" = #"UA-111111-25"{[Id="22222222"]}[Data],
#"Added Items" = Cube.Transform(#"22222222", {{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:month", {"ga:month"}, {"Month of the year"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:year", {"ga:year"}, {"Year"}}, {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Cost", "ga:adCost"}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added Items", each ([Month of the year] = "01") and ([Year] = "2017"))
in
#"Filtered Rows"

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.