Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VoltesDev
Helper IV
Helper IV

Good blog about matrix or table visual

Hi frends,

Just want to ask whether anyone can suggest a nice blog or youtube about matrix and table visual presentation ? I mean what can we do to make matrix or table looks cool, attractive and more informative.

So probably will give us some more idea on what can we do with that visual.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VoltesDev ,

Maybe these helpful.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Use-conditional-formatting-to-mark-the-same-aggregat... 

Conditional table formatting in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs (Official Documents)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KNP
Super User
Super User

This might be a good start...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEe_SmQOa6U&ab_channel=Goodly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58a2rIV2nYg&ab_channel=Curbal

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

Hi @KNP 

This is good, but I was hoping to be more advance though. 😀

Thanks.

Did you have anything specific you were looking for?

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

I actualy not sure. Just want to know what everyone's doing with their tables and matrix.

Most of it of course using the conditional formatting and stuff, just like Curbal or Goodly. Only with some addition of logic or further information (or analysis). This is the one I'm looking for.

But anyway I'm looking for some ideas.

Like this blog, which is also by using conditional formatting but has some stories and analysis behind it -> https://data-mozart.com/magic-tables-in-power-bi/

Thanks,

But maybe for a start, in my matrix like this ->

VoltesDev_0-1638253085239.png

As the columns is hierarchical, I would like to have lets say the Quarters has different color or just bold, but only the top level (quarter). Currently the settings are for all level, right ?

Or probably something for this kind of matrix ->

VoltesDev_2-1638253443341.png

This matrix column has two values, I think it would nice for the altenative column, its header and both of its value has different color.

Or with this aging (matrix) report ->

VoltesDev_0-1638261026162.png

I would love if there is a gradation from the less aging to bigger aging.... so two column each has gradient color, perhaps more darker to the right.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors