Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MartinMehaudy
Helper I
Helper I

Global/World Map in Shape Map Visuals

Hello everybody, I would like to know if it is planned to include a global map in the Shape Map Visual. I know it's possible to work-around using the Filled Map and Country location, but our Stakeholders dislike the in-map labels and landscape details. I've read the article about the visual and it only refers to a few countries. Any idea if it's planned to include a Global/World map?

Thanks and regards!

Edit: I included this request in the ideas forum. If the Administrator finds it adequate, please remove this post. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I upload these files, I only see USA in the visual. Do you know why?

Arghavan_0-1670273019718.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Love the visual. Is there a way to get United Kingdom as the 4 seperate countries?

Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland, & England.

Thanks!

This is so awesome! Does anyone know of a way that I could remove Antartica from the country version? It is taking up quite a bit of space.

This is Perfect!! Thanks so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

why there is no Hong Kong and Singapore on the World Map?

How could I input those 2 countries into the world countries json file?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/deldersveld/topojson/master/world-countries.json

Anonymous
Not applicable

can someone add SGP and HK to the world map please.

@Anonymous wrote:

why there is no Hong Kong and Singapore on the World Map?

How could I input those 2 countries into the world countries json file?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/deldersveld/topojson/master/world-countries.json

many thanks!

Hi. Were you able to get a version with Singapore included? If so, please share.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry,  can you advise how to download the json file from this website link please? I can't seem to figure it out and must be missing something! Thanks

Gm0
Frequent Visitor

click on RAW and then ctrl + S 

Hi @Gm0 , I clicked Raw then Ctrl + S, but still couldn't download the map. Did I miss anything?

Thanks.

Do you know where I can find a topojson file with just the coninents?

Thanks!

Andorra and Angulia is missing in country maps

Thanks! That's great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.