Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AaronMichels

Global Renaming of Column Headers to show the Table (data source) name

Hi, new power BI user here.

I've got a bunch of tables that have very similar data in them that I'm looking at together.  So I have a bunch of columns with the same header name. When I start pulling fields into visualizations, the source of the data thus gets confused. Is there a way to globally rename all of the column headers so that instead of fields being named:

Column 1, Column 1, Column 1, ...

I can see Column headers named as:

Table 1 Column 1, Table 2 Column 1, Table 3 Column 1, ...

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes.  The manual way would be to go to the data view and right-click each column header and select "Rename".  The quicker, and more efficient way is to do it via your data input query.

View solution in original post

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You might want to view this YouTube video on how to do this: Add prefix to headers in Power Query #1: Cleaning Data with M

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes.  The manual way would be to go to the data view and right-click each column header and select "Rename".  The quicker, and more efficient way is to do it via your data input query.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You might want to view this YouTube video on how to do this: Add prefix to headers in Power Query #1: Cleaning Data with M

Thanks! super helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.