Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Global Parameters/Variables Table

Hello - Is there a way to set up a table to include variables that can be accessed in any calculation?  I thought I read that there's a way to do this, but I can't find it now.

For example, I have several tables that have geofencing data for field activities by technicians.  I want to filter all records with onsite duration < 5 minutes.  Currently, I've created a filter for each table, but I'd like to user a global parameter of 5 minutes so I can change the parameter once and have it filter all tables. 

Is there a best practice to do this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can use the numeric range parameter in other measures as well as visuals. It's essentially an interactive measure that allows a user to specify a value via a slider and have that value propagate throughout the report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

That is awesome.  I was not aware of numeric range parameters.  However, I have many calculations in which I reference the filter (measures), so can I use the numeric range parameter there or only in visuals?  Thanks!

You can use the numeric range parameter in other measures as well as visuals. It's essentially an interactive measure that allows a user to specify a value via a slider and have that value propagate throughout the report.

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@ConnieMaldonado,

You can achieve this with a numeric range parameter.

1. Create numeric range parameter:

DataInsights_0-1660223164567.png

DataInsights_1-1660223185952.png

2. Create measure:

Onsite Duration Filter = IF ( MAX ( Fact[Onsite Duration] ) < 'Onsite Duration'[Onsite Duration Value], 1 )

3. Add measure Onsite Duration Filter to a visual:

DataInsights_2-1660223319556.png

4. Result:

DataInsights_3-1660223369580.png

-----

DataInsights_4-1660223390210.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.