Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StanTheMan
Frequent Visitor

Gifs with insert image

Hi all,

I want to create a report with a few gifs to explain certain sections of the report, but I'm a bit confused. 

When using the insert image option from the Power BI toolbar I can choose a .gif file, but it will just load a static image. However when you create an empty linechart (no title and random field on the axis), you can insert a gif in the plot area section, and now it works... I believe you can even upload the gif as background image and this wil also work.

So why not with the insert image option, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? In my opinion it would be logical if you can just import the .gif through the insert image option.

Thanks in advance,
Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@StanTheMan ,

Currently you can add the GIF image as backgroud image and it will work. But use "image" button in the ribbon the GIF will be converted to static image. I don't think this is a bug but actually it can be improved. I would suggest you to create a idea here to help power bi improve.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@StanTheMan ,

Currently you can add the GIF image as backgroud image and it will work. But use "image" button in the ribbon the GIF will be converted to static image. I don't think this is a bug but actually it can be improved. I would suggest you to create a idea here to help power bi improve.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.