Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dheeraj_ami
Helper I
Helper I

Getting wrong GRAND_TOTAL VALUE

Hi,

having a issue on Grand total,I have category column in Category_Desc table and Total column in Orders table while keeping category vs total ,the row wise values are correct and  we are getting wrong Grand total value, for better understanding please find the below screenshot, hoping to solve the issue

Capture4.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@dheeraj_ami

Based on my searching and testing, I think this issue may relate to the formula you use for the measure "Sum of total". Sometimes we may get an unexpected Grand total value for the measure which is defined by performing a higher order arithmetic operation, such as exponentiation, multiplication, or division on other columns. So could you post the formula for the measure "Sum of total" and other related measures? Even better you can post some sample data in your case.

Regards

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dheeraj_ami That is weird. Maybe check there is active relationship between two tables. Also for the field that's dropped under Category click on the dropdown and select 'show items with no data'.

@ankitpatira   After selecting 'show data items with no data' we are getting the same values. I am posting the table structure for understanding. Is there any solution like creating measures to achive

Capture5.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.