Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting user session data from website and displaying dynamic power BI report in the website

Hello Guys,

I am a product manager for a boutique management consulting firm, and we are trying to develop a benchmark reporting tool or platform. I am very new to power bi, and in the exploration phase. We are currently trying to figure out a solution before approaching the engineering team. Below is the requirement:

End-User logs in to our website -----> Takes a survey in a form -----> the system needs to capture the user session and survey data ----> The captured data gets stored it in the backend system (DB) -----> Power BI fetches the data and computes -----> The dynamic report from power BI is displayed back into our website for the same user session.

Can we integrate power bi into our website to generate dynamic real-time reports based on the real-time data end-user provides? For example - if there are 500 end-users visiting our platform and taking the survey at the same time, can power BI produce real-time dynamic reports for each and every user based on the survey that they take?

I know there is functionality like row-level security, but, I feel that is not adequate for this scenario.

Your guidance is much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Thank you for those links. We are planning to build our application in AWS. Do you think Power BI would be apt or you would suggest us developing custom app using R or Python to do data analysis and visualization?

Also, I dont think I would create any roles as I will have random visitors or users visiting our website and taking the survey. we would need to collect the user data and compare it with the master data in the backend and show some basic level analysis. I still feel there is something I am not understanding. 

The main question is how do I consume user specific data (in our case we will have random visitors in our website taking the survey)? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.