Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting tooltips to appear on 0 values in column or waterfall charts

I have a tooltip that I want to display on all months in a either a column or a waterfall graph. Which visual is irrevlant as either will work. 

The tooltip works correctly on months that have a non zero value, either as a standard tooltip or using the new report page tooltip feature. However, what I want to happen is for the tooltip to appear when mosuing over zero value months, I have not been able to get it to work on a column or waterfall chart. I have managed to get it to work on a line graph however I would rather avoid having to use a line graph.

I have included screenshots below to show what I mean if it is not clear. 

Tooltip appearing on 0 values in a line graphTooltip appearing on 0 values in a line graphno tooltip for 0 values in waterfall graphno tooltip for 0 values in waterfall graph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

This behavior is by design, please post a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
johandy27

Is it a behavior by design as well, tooltips is not showing when the bar has a very small value on the chart?

Capture.PNG

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

This behavior is by design, please post a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Lydia.

I have posted an idea in the forum if other people want this feature please support it.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33677452-option-to-have-tool-tips...

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I can reproduce this issue and will report it internally, I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Tooltips currently will not display as you've described. There is no current workaround that I am aware of for zero or blank values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.