Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CHFarver
Frequent Visitor

Getting the SUM of CurrentValue field but only for last month

Hi there,
I have been struggeling with this for quite some time now. Don't know what I am doing wrong.
I have the following FACT table which gets generated merging excel files together via a folder structure:

Capture2.PNG 
This will get updated once a month (in the end of each month). The actual stocks and Investments will not vary too much, but their value will. Therefor I need to be able to calculate the SUM of the CurrentValue colmn, but only for the latest recorded month. In this instance it is all the rows from 31-01-2021. Next month it will be 31-01-22, and so forth.

I have a DIM_Dates table as well connected to the FACT table:
Capture.PNG

I have tried multiple things but it doesn't seem to work for me. For example I tried these measures:

Total Portfolio Value = SUM(FACT_Investments[CurrentValue])

Current Portfolio Value =
CALCULATE(Calculations_Basic[Total Portfolio Value], DATEADD(DIM_Dates[Date], -1, MONTH))

But this does not work and still gives me the sum of ALL my rows (hence: both november and december 2021):
Capture3.PNG
The value should be 457.510,45 kr.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CHFarver , Try a measure like

var _max = eomonth(maxx(allselected('FACT_Investments'),'FACT_Investments'[date]),0)
return
CALCULATE(Calculations_Basic[Total Portfolio Value], filter(DIM_Dates, eomonth(DIM_Dates[Date],0) =_max ))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CHFarver
Frequent Visitor

This seems to work perfect so far. And I just tested when applying a new sheet as an example. Thanks alot!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CHFarver , Try a measure like

var _max = eomonth(maxx(allselected('FACT_Investments'),'FACT_Investments'[date]),0)
return
CALCULATE(Calculations_Basic[Total Portfolio Value], filter(DIM_Dates, eomonth(DIM_Dates[Date],0) =_max ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.