Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CHFarver
Frequent Visitor

Getting the SUM of CurrentValue field but only for last month

Hi there,
I have been struggeling with this for quite some time now. Don't know what I am doing wrong.
I have the following FACT table which gets generated merging excel files together via a folder structure:

Capture2.PNG 
This will get updated once a month (in the end of each month). The actual stocks and Investments will not vary too much, but their value will. Therefor I need to be able to calculate the SUM of the CurrentValue colmn, but only for the latest recorded month. In this instance it is all the rows from 31-01-2021. Next month it will be 31-01-22, and so forth.

I have a DIM_Dates table as well connected to the FACT table:
Capture.PNG

I have tried multiple things but it doesn't seem to work for me. For example I tried these measures:

Total Portfolio Value = SUM(FACT_Investments[CurrentValue])

Current Portfolio Value =
CALCULATE(Calculations_Basic[Total Portfolio Value], DATEADD(DIM_Dates[Date], -1, MONTH))

But this does not work and still gives me the sum of ALL my rows (hence: both november and december 2021):
Capture3.PNG
The value should be 457.510,45 kr.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CHFarver , Try a measure like

var _max = eomonth(maxx(allselected('FACT_Investments'),'FACT_Investments'[date]),0)
return
CALCULATE(Calculations_Basic[Total Portfolio Value], filter(DIM_Dates, eomonth(DIM_Dates[Date],0) =_max ))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CHFarver
Frequent Visitor

This seems to work perfect so far. And I just tested when applying a new sheet as an example. Thanks alot!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CHFarver , Try a measure like

var _max = eomonth(maxx(allselected('FACT_Investments'),'FACT_Investments'[date]),0)
return
CALCULATE(Calculations_Basic[Total Portfolio Value], filter(DIM_Dates, eomonth(DIM_Dates[Date],0) =_max ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.