Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

justin777
Frequent Visitor

Getting the Dependencies from OData

Hi Guys, 

I'm currently creating a report right now and one of the table is that I need to print all the dependencies the project has. 
In Project Online we can see this by connecting a tasks from each other so when the tasks is done we can procceed on the project. 

I have check the fields on OData but did not saw how it was being track.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TonyPMORoadmap

Hey there Justin, I'm sure you've already solved this by now but hopefully we can help other folks in the future. Great question and it also happens with other fields like Constraints also. The best way to do this is to create an Enterprise Custom Field (ECF) in your environment at the "Task" entity level and then you can add most all of the fields from the schedules. After you add it, refresh your data connection and make sure if you're filtering out fields in your PBIX file that you add your new fields. 

I don't recommend that you do a full 14 pt DCMA this way but dependencies and contraints are good choices.

Hope this will help others in the future.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@justin777,

Please check if query dependency  in Power BI Desktop meets your requirement.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry if I was not clear enough, I was talking about inter-project dependencies

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-manage-inter-project-dependencies-2312f1a0-e7c1-...

@justin777,

I am afraid that the same thing can't be achieved in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.