Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naoki
Helper I
Helper I

Getting sum of data

I would like to get a sum of a particular data, however there is a problem is that my raw data may have missing data for it. 

Month 1 -> 10k
2 -> 20K 
3 -> 30K 

In this case the sum of all 3 months should be 60k. However what happens is my data which I need it to use as a comparison to the above data to gauge a person performance, may not have any transaction in the first month thus it will only sum up those months with data how do I get it to sum all data? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@naoki 

The requirement is not very clear. You may try using SUMX and ALL.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft 

Apologies for the unclear questions. 

Please see below screenshot(This is only a dummy example but it mirrors my actual raw data the same way). 

So lets sat the actual expected sales as of Oct is $550,000 however, as my raw data may have conditions whereby there is no sales for certain month, even after creating a relationship to link the month, my actual expected GP is not $550, 000 but $290,000. This way I am unable to check the particular store sales for YTD, as I would like to see my store actual sales vs expected sales for both MTD and YTD. However, it is only currently working for MTD, my YTD is not showing up correctly. 

What other methods do I have? 

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.