Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting status of day from date of data ( Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow )

Hi Team

im back again with another question.

day_stat.png

i want to get column result same as "REMARK" , i will keep date beside those date as blank ( "" )

i already used DAX below, but result not same as REMARK
Status_day = if(Table[DATE] = today(),"today", if (Table[DATE] = today()-1,"yesterday", if(Table[DATE] = today() + 1, "tomorrow")))

thanks

syaiful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Well, I guess change the display format will not change essence of the value. You need to use Format function like @Anonymous did. 

I recommend you create a new date column to format your date and remove the timestamps:

FORMAT('Table'[Date],"YYYY/MM/DD")

And then stick with your IF formula. 

Paul,
Best.

Paul

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a calculated column in the table using below formula. As in your case, time is also available in the value hence we need to get date from timestamp field and need to compare.

Status = IF(FORMAT('Table (2)'[Column1], "dd/MM/YYYY")=FORMAT(TODAY(), "DD/MM/YYYY"), "Today", IF(FORMAT('Table (2)'[Column1], "dd/MM/YYYY")=FORMAT(TODAY()-1, "DD/MM/YYYY"),"Yesterday", IF(FORMAT('Table (2)'[Column1], "dd/MM/YYYY")=FORMAT(TODAY()+1, "DD/MM/YYYY"), "Tomorrow", "")))

This will show the status you given in the sample.

If you are good with the solution, please mark this as answer.

Thanks,
Sunil
Anonymous
Not applicable

i did .

but result only blank . i see there are data for today transaction but same result as blank .

any suggestion ??

my date already type as date and time format

@Anonymous 

This is because your date column includes time frame. With your formula I have resulted the same blank for NOW() function, but works for Today() or created date column. So I think you would need to recreated your date column.

Paul
Best

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi paul

i already change type of date time to date only , but why result still blank also ??

stat4.png

@Anonymous 

Well, I guess change the display format will not change essence of the value. You need to use Format function like @Anonymous did. 

I recommend you create a new date column to format your date and remove the timestamps:

FORMAT('Table'[Date],"YYYY/MM/DD")

And then stick with your IF formula. 

Paul,
Best.

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @V-pazhen-msft 

created new column , used that column as trigger of day status

Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed the date format to dd/MM/yyyy the applied the below formula. It worked for me...:)

Status = IF(FORMAT('Table (3)'[Date],"DD/MM/YYYY")=FORMAT(TODAY(), "DD/MM/YYYY"), "Today", IF(FORMAT('Table (3)'[Date],"DD/MM/YYYY")=FORMAT(TODAY()-1, "DD/MM/YYYY"),"Yesterday", IF(FORMAT('Table (3)'[Date],"DD/MM/YYYY")=FORMAT(TODAY()+1, "DD/MM/YYYY"), "Tomorrow", "")))
Anonymous
Not applicable

can u show me ,,

u can attach new pbi here

thanks

Hi @Anonymous 

Relative Date Dimension can help you achieve this requirement.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Relative-Date-Dimension/ba-p/779039

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

relative filter gv me option while showing ,

my goal is getting name column ( yesterday | today | tomorrow ) , which only able to do with nested if from new column

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you provide some sample dates. In my case i can see the desired result.Date Status.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

stat3.png

this is my date format

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.