Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newbiekp
Frequent Visitor

Getting more than 100 records dev azure api power bi

Hi,

I want to get more than 100 records using Dev Azure Power BI. Even though ,API says adding $top  will give more records, it is not giving more than 100.

https://vsrm.dev.azure.com/XXXX/XXXX/apis/release/deployments?$top=200&api-version=6.0 

I tried various other params ,but they are all filtering within this top 100.  Whats the best way of doing it ? Is it better if I get all data locally into some repository and then process from there? 

2 REPLIES 2
newbiekp
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all these inputs. I have tried everything , but having issues with DatConnector authentication.

I tried Windows and Aad , but keep getting  

An error occurred in the ‘’ query. DataFormat.Error: We found extra characters at the end of JSON input.
Details:
Value=
Position=4

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newbiekp ,

Please check out these cases below that have similar needs to yours and try the solutions inside to see if they can also achieve your needs.

Read API Data with Power BI using Power Query

Using a loop to pull more than 100 items from API

@newbiekp wrote:

Please check out this video for how to do this.

Power BI - Tales From The Front - REST APIs - YouTube

API Get Releases query for more than 100 items

You could try to call the API again adding &continuationToken=xxxx and you can get the next 100 rows. You can continue doing this until all rows are retrieved.

Please refer to this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/1b79b964-19cf-4480-8d1a-82cb0b0b4fbf/retrieve...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.