Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

Getting link from company app server to display

I'm trying to display a link through powerbi thats hosted on our app server. However when I try to view it on powerbi online it's just a blank screen. Is there anything I might be missing that would enable it to function normally?

I'm using the visual "HTMLVIEWER" from the marketplace. 

This is the column that contains the URL.

HTML = "<iframe src=" & Websites[URL] & " style='position: fixed; width: 100%; height: 100%'></iframe>"

This is the altered address for security.
http://appsvr/TESTNAME/TESTNAME2.html

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GunnerJ ,

It shown blank?  There was not any error message?  Please check if your website worked fine and use the following website to have a try.

https://www.sqlbi.com/

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Some have asked questions regarding the possibility to use the HTMLViewer to display
either iframe content, as well as being able to trigger some JavaScript function.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that "static" markups is mainly all you're going to get through the HTMLViewer visual at this stage.

We have to remember that the whole process DOES NOT run inside a web page here, but inside a Power BI custom visuals that sits in a Power BI report... So some functionality options may be lost along the way... 
Still if anyone has managed to run either some iframe content or any JavaScript code through the HTMLViewer,
then I would be very curious [and probably impressed...] seeing a real working POC in action. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.