Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guh950
Employee
Employee

Getting image size perfect for base64

So I've been running into a clipping issue with my base64-converted images. Some images are too large, some have too much quality, and some are the wrong extension for the application, and I'm trying to find a happy medium, a ballpark estimate of number of pixels LxW to streamline the base64 conversion process. Right now I'm randomly resizing the image or lowering quality, probably a little too aggressively, and doing everything through trial and error, which is time consuming and laborious (for something that doesn't add that much value to my PBI for the time spent on it). What pixel length x width should I be ballparking my images to, to make sure the base64 fits in the power BI column and doesn't clip out? Is it something like 32 x 32 pixels, or am I approaching this completely the wrong way with resizing images?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @guh950 ,

Please see if this document is helpful: Storing Large Images In Power BI Datasets Chris Webb's BI Blog

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm familiar with this article, although storing large images in a separate table with indexing would work, I'd have to rework my data modeling to do that, as I am currently using a dimension table with a unique key column that connects to other tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.