Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heman
Frequent Visitor

Getting huge volume data from SAP Business warehouse Application server

Hi Team,

I am trying to get data from SAP Business warehouse Application server to Desktop through Import option.I am getting the below memory issue error as it is huge volume of data(definitely More than 1 GB) as I need to fetch more than 100 columns with 4 years of  transaction data.And Direct query option is not enabled for me.Is there any solution to resolve the same.

heman_0-1605430249011.png

heman_1-1605430361572.png

Thanking  you in anticipation,

Regards

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

A couple ideas to consider.

1. Hopefully you have a source where query folding occurs (haven't used that one so not sure).  If so, make sure you put your Filter and SelectColumns (button in ribbon, or use Remove Other Columns) steps first to reduce the data actually returned.

https://visualbi.com/blogs/microsoft/powerbi/tips-best-practices-using-sap-bw-sap-hana-connectors-po...

2. Consider trying it as a Dataflow in the service, then make a report from that and publish it so you have a dataset you can build a report against.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.