Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sandeshag
Frequent Visitor

Getting error - app.powerbi.com refused to connect after embedding the report in web portal

Hello Experts,

I got into the error - app.powerbi.com refused to connect for the embedded report of web portal

Initially everything was perfect and fine after embedding the report into a web portal. 

But few days ago this issue started

The link looks something like this

https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=fdc8576e93b-4865-ab57-4a918fadf991c&autoAuth=true&ctid=...

followed by the filter 

&$filter=activation_actuals_forecast/ ResellerID eq '[PartnerProId]'

So the together the link is 

https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=fdc8576e93b-4865-ab57-4a918fadf991c&autoAuth=true&ctid=...

The report has four datasets and all are connected with proper relations. All are imported connections

When I use the link withour any parameters(filter) it works but the requirement is to pass the parameters(filters) so that as and when the parameter value changes in the web portal the report will filter for that value.

Not sure what is wrong with the report. Nothing has changed but all of the sudden embedded report stopeed working and the page looks like below

sandeshag_0-1639115296877.png

Seeking experts help here to address the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Any help experts @v-shex-msft  

@V-lianl-msft @lbendlin @yingyinr @RicoZhou 

Please guide me if the question posted is in the wrong forum

Regards

Sandesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sandeshag
Frequent Visitor

Hello Folks

Finally the issue resolved after sitting with technical team and did some tweaking of the same URL

Earlier the link was

followed by the filter 

In the filter section encoded few chars and tested and it worked.

&%24filter=activation_actuals_forecast%2FResellerID eq '[PartnerProId]'

Closing the topic, thanks

P.S - This is not the self appraisal but however I can't keep the topic open so marking this as a answer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sandeshag
Frequent Visitor

Hello Folks

Finally the issue resolved after sitting with technical team and did some tweaking of the same URL

Earlier the link was

followed by the filter 

In the filter section encoded few chars and tested and it worked.

&%24filter=activation_actuals_forecast%2FResellerID eq '[PartnerProId]'

Closing the topic, thanks

P.S - This is not the self appraisal but however I can't keep the topic open so marking this as a answer

Hi I am greeting the same exact error refuse to connect when url has filter on it . Could you help me resolve this issue? How did you resolve it? 

What is PartnerProId ?

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sandeshag 

For your question, if the report was initially displaying fine, and then the error suddenly appeared recently. If the administrator turns off the option to publish to the web, the Publish to Web option is grayed out for your tenant in the Power BI admin portal. You can check this first.

Secondly you also need to check what the status of the embedded code looks like. To manage your Publish to web embed codes, open the workspace the report resides in, select the Settings gear, and select Manage embed codes.

vzhangti_0-1639374941745.png

Status                  Description

Active                  The report is available for Internet users to view and interact with.

Blocked               The report content violates thePower BI Terms of Service. Microsoft has blocked it. Contact support if you believe the content was blocked in error.

Not supported    The report's dataset is using row-level security, or another unsupported configuration. See theConsiderations and imitationssection for a complete list.

Infringed             The embed code is outside the defined tenant policy. This status typically occurs when an embed code was created and then thePublish to webtenant setting was changed to exclude the user owning the embed code. If the tenant setting is disabled, or the user is no longer allowed to create embed codes, existing embed codes show anInfringedstatus. See theFind your Power BI administratorsection in this article for details.

Please refer to the following documentation to see if there are other possibilities. Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello v-zhangti,

Thanks for taking your time to respond.

To answer the points mentioned by you

1. I have the other report which is embedded (using the embed link) with similar method from the same PBI server and it is working fine. No issues at all. But the issue is only with this report.

2. I can't see anything under Settings->Manage embed code. Same thing with the working embedded report in portal.

sandeshag_2-1639381248857.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.