Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhartsell
Frequent Visitor

Getting distinct values for multiple columns

Hi 

I tried looking through previous threads, but I'm not sure what exactly what I'm looking for would be called. 

I have a table with several columns, but I'm concerned with two of them: BundleID (a number associated with a "bundle" of files) and UserEmail. I'm trying to find out a way to count how many distinct UserEmails have downloaded distinct BundleIDs--how would I do this?

Thank you for your time!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@bhartsell

1. Insert a Table Visual and put in Values: BundleID and UserEmail.

2. In UserEmail select Count(Distinct).

Datas.png

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

@bhartsell

If you want a visual by date, use the same solution provided by Vvelarde and just change the visual from Table to Line and clustered column chart as below.

Getting distinct values for multiple columns_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@bhartsell

Please try the solution provided by ankitpatira. In case that’s not what you expected, please post back with expected output.

Best Regards,

Herbert

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bhartsell i think all you need to do is use a visual such as column chart and drop useremail field to the axis area and drop bundleID field to the values area and under Values for the bundleID field click on dropdown icon and choose distinct count.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the response!

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm trying to find a measure (or series of measures) that allows me to put this in a visual by date. I need it to be non-repeating by BundleID for every UserEmail. So if the data set I'm using is the below, then the count for BundleID 1 is three (three different emails), the count for 2 is 1 (one different email), the count for three is 2 (two different emails), and the total count is six.

Emails.png

@bhartsell

If you want a visual by date, use the same solution provided by Vvelarde and just change the visual from Table to Line and clustered column chart as below.

Getting distinct values for multiple columns_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@bhartsell

1. Insert a Table Visual and put in Values: BundleID and UserEmail.

2. In UserEmail select Count(Distinct).

Datas.png

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.