Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting data from a slicer

Hey. 

I have a slicer on the left hand slide and it is an order number. On the right i have 3 cards. The cards need to be filter on the code within the slicer which is opposite. 

So there are 3 order numbers and each one has 3 cards (each card has to display a count on Yes, No and Not applicable). 

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 20.08.50.png

 The cards on the right need to be filtered to each order number wtthin the slicer. So all told i need 9 cards (3 for each order number wthin the slicer). I am not sure of a quick way of doing this with or without DAX. 

Any ideas would be fab - thanks J. 

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not sure why you want to visualize the data this way, it is not very scalable, why not use a simple matrix visual, orders on the row, status on column and values will be count.

What you are trying to achieve by visualizing the data using Cards and Slicer?

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.