Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

poojik
Frequent Visitor

Getting correct data instead of _value

I am trying to pull data from Dynamics CRM to Power BI. When the Power BI gets connected it pulls lookup fields in the format of _AttributeNameID_value instead of exact value. How can I get exact value. 

There is an article that I am reading related to this issue 

I understand the concept but I wonder how to do this in power BI. I could not replicate it. I would appreciate if anybody can help me
4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

2018-04-23 11_22_05-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png2018-04-23 11_23_06-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Here is the screeshot. 

So, those look like guid references to other tables. So, you either need to pull those tables in and relate them or you might be able to expand your column in the Query Editor and pull in the correct value. You will generally get a list of options when you expand the column and you need to pick the right one.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks Greg for your eply. I am trying to expand coulmn and pick the right field. While doing so I am getting following error.

DataSource.Error: OData: The property '_responsiblecontactid_value' does not exist on type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.incident'.

Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.
Details:

DataSourceKind=OData

Here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Apply-Query-Changes-Error/td-p/47725 you have suggested to create a brand new file and create a brand new query in that file and is that successful or do you get the error?

But I wonder how to do this? 

Best

Pooja 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.