Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nmckbcs
Helper I
Helper I

Getting a lookupvalue field to work

Hello! I have the attached pbix file and a BU TYPE 2 column that I am trying to pull in the area from a different table. Long story short I am trying to get the 2 visuals below to have matching totals across each month. One is for BU Type and the other even though it is titled BU Type 2 it is really AREA. 

CorrectCorrectIncorrectIncorrect

I would love to get my BU2 or my BU Type 2 fields to wor correctly and match from a total perspective with the top chart. Any help would be amazing. The pbix file is below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvVODz4RZ6NyihKiVK32WkPUE_ysIiOo/view?usp=sharing

3 REPLIES 3
nmckbcs
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, I have a file (I have attached it below). I am trying to get my calculation to match what is in the first picture (BU Type). This was created as a calculated column and factors in several different things. Now I have created a new table that I have built a relationship to and created a new calculated column titled (BU). However, the filtering is not working correctly. In theory I should expect to see the same amounts for each month even though I may see some blanks on BU type. Any assistance would be tremendous. I knwo the file is quite messy and apologize in advance.

Correct

correct datacorrect data

Incorrect Data

incorrectincorrect

File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvVODz4RZ6NyihKiVK32WkPUE_ysIiOo/view?usp=sharing

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nmckbcs

From your dataset, I can see why the top chart show blank row in BU2.

Look at the following picture, the left table is Defect_Code table, the right is Defects Running File table, their relationship is based on column "PrS". But "PrS" in Defects Running File table habe blank values which can't relate to any row in Defect_Code table.

7.png

If you don't want to show the blank value, you can apply a filter in the Visual Level Filter

6.png

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Best Rregards

Maggie

If you look at my dataset that says correct there are a lot more value amounts showing up though. For instance KNX is 164k and NET is 21k. All of those are missing, seems to be filtered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.