Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Slope of a trendline

Hello Everyone!

I have a few scatterplots I've been asked to create and I'm not sure how to get the actual slope of each line.

Some of them look relatively flat, but it's hard to tell what the differences between scatterplots is without the slope, if it's slightly up or down.

Do we know how to add a slope maybe as a tooltip or data label to trend lines?

We have 6 charts similar to this, and an actual number for slope would be a huge help.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuheBS0uRNVln28G-ceFUV7N8d9w 

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jiyaadnaeem, 

Did you mean you want to create linear line, right? The treand like only support fixed value intead of formula. So you might need to create chart for tooltip .If so, you could try to refer to this link for more details. 

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe!

Thanks, but that thread seems to be giving me the forecast which I don't need - I just need to know how sharply positive, negative, or flat the slope of my existing trend line is.

I inputted this trendline straight from the analytics pane - but I can't get any information about the trendline itself, do you know how I can get details on the trendline itself?

Thanks,

Jiyaad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.