Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nick
Frequent Visitor

Getting SharePoint List items with full history version?

Hi,

We do have a SharePoint list to manage Fleet inventory of asset: mainly their attribution (who own it) and their status (active, lost, broken, etc.).

We did activated the SharePoint Version Control and I would like to use this information to run histroical report overtime around such assets status and ownership.

Right now, the only solution I found is to eitheir take a snapshot of the full list on a regular basis into another datasource.

Is there anyway to get such history/version data directly avoiding wruting such separate datasource?

Thansk in advance,

Nick

44 REPLIES 44

I found a work around. Load the data into a DataFlow first. In your Dataflow there is an Options button. In there click Project Options. Check the box "Allow combining data from multiple sources. This could expose sensitive or cofidential data to an unauthorized person.". With that set the query can now pull the data from both SharePoint and WebContent.

@Greg_Deckler

Thanks but it looks I can only extract one version of a specific item. However thanks for sharing URLs: a solution may be around.

Guys did you had any luck extracting all version from the sharepoint list by any chances..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.