Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Excel file content from different SharePoint sites

Hi,

I have several SharePoint sites that have an identically named folder which contains a Excel file. I would need to go through a list of site URL's, get the files and append these files into one table.

I have a separate SP list with all site URL's which I filter to get the list of URLs I want.

I also made a custom function which gets the Excel file from the correct folder given an URL as a parameter:

(URL as text) as table =>
let
    Source = SharePoint.Files(URL, [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Folder Path] = URL&"/powerbi/")),
    #"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows", each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Filtered Hidden Files1",{"Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes"})
in
    #"Removed Columns"

I am able to get the content as binary into my table by invoking the function but when I try to 'Combine Files' it gives me an error on Formula.Firewall.

Url listUrl list

Invoked function to get contentInvoked function to get contentError on combiningError on combining

I went through a couple of threads with similar issues and read through Ken Puls' blog, but I can't get my head around on how to fix the issue. 

Any help on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Br,

T

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I enabled 'Ignore Privacy Levels' in the current file and the error disappeared. However, is there a solution to the error other than ignoring privacy levels.

Br,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.