Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Duplicate Values

Hi, 

I have a problem that when an item has different reference numbers it duplicates the values. Is there a way to make it just show the values for one reference number or to show the reference number in different way? I am working with a matrix, I already tried with a table and it gives me the same problem. Attached is an image of the problem.

Thank you,

RC

Duplicate.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Well, what reference number would you like Power BI to show you? It won't randomly decide which is the one you want to show so it shows them all.

If you want to show only 1 reference number, you couldcreate a measure that finds the first (or last) referencenumber of a given item and then that one is shown, is that suitable for you? In that case, sample data would help in creating that measure for you. Then you can create a table with [Item] - [Measure] - [otherColumnRelatedToItem] etc.

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Kudo's are welcome 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your response. While that would be the best solution for now, do you know if there is a way where I can show all reference numbers and split the value between them or show the value for one reference number and not for the rest?

Thanks,
RC

I am not sure what you mean, could you post your data structure and some sample data and an example (e.g. from Excel) of what your expected outcome is?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.