Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanCasSan
Helper V
Helper V

Get the exploded calculation of a waterfall chart

Hello,

How can I get the values ​​shown in the breakdown of this waterfall chart?

Vs.JPG

Those values ​​obtained I will put them in a bar graph separated by the value they have (positive or negative).

Thank you!

Reggards,

DC

8 REPLIES 8
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

actually this would work more as a new table dax rather them a measure unleas you do some modification to it depending on your final objective, to use it as its to see what table returns for you you can delete from la row saying evaluate to last, and first 2 rows, instead of evaluate put 

"return _DS0PrimaryWindowed"

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello @StefanoGrimaldi ,

I have generated the table based on the code provided by the parser, I have another question:

How can I make the values ​​I highlight not fixed? I have tried for the year to put a MIN and MAX on it, but there seems to be no change in the results.

tbl.JPG

Again, thanks for the help!

DC

what you did should woirk reference to calendar year min and max, make sure the calendar table have the correct relantionship on the model with the  other tables refering to. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Relationships are correct, I really don't know what could be happening.rel.JPG

umm and when you run that dax what results its showing? or its giving a error?

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey you can get the visual query expresion for the dax formula: 

go to the view panels, activate the performace analyzer panel, them start recording and refresh all the visual, them you can copy the visual query to a word, or dax studio program to get the formula from it. 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1609458640033.png

thats the complex way, the easy way would be making a dax formula that sums by category (complex from this dax formula would be to make the negative values based on the category before them without setting a historical of that category data)

Hello @StefanoGrimaldi 

Thanks for your help, but how could I put as a measure? The code that the parser throws at me is the following:

// DAX Query increase
DEFINE
  VAR __DS0FilterTable = 
    TREATAS({"JAFR",
      "JAFA"}, 'TBL_Consolidada'[Socio])

VAR __ValueFilterDM0 = 
    FILTER(
      KEEPFILTERS(
        SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
          'TBL_Consolidada'[Descripción Portafolio],
          __DS0FilterTable,
          "Valor_de_Mercado_Final_Comparativo_Desglose", 'Indicadores'[Valor de Mercado Final Comparativo Desglose],
          "SumValor_de_Mercado", IGNORE(CALCULATE(SUM('TBL_Consolidada'[Valor de Mercado])))
        )
      ),
      [SumValor_de_Mercado] >= 0
    )

VAR __DS0Core = 
    SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
      __DS0FilterTable,
      __ValueFilterDM0,
      "Valor_de_Mercado_Final_Comparativo_Desglose", 'Indicadores'[Valor de Mercado Final Comparativo Desglose]
    )

VAR __DS0PrimaryWindowed = 
    TOPN(
      __DS0Core,
      [Valor_de_Mercado_Final_Comparativo_Desglose],
    )

EVALUATE
  __DS0PrimaryWindowed

ORDER BY
  [Valor_de_Mercado_Final_Comparativo_Desglose] DESC,
  'TBL_Consolidada'[Descripción Portafolio]

Reggards,

DC

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.