Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

olimilo
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Get the equivalent value when HASONEFILTER() is true

I have two tables, Bucket with the following data:

ClientOn-Time Window
ABC1
DEF2
GHI3
JKL4
MNO5
PQR6
STU7
VWX8
YZ9

And Timeliness that is connected to the Bucket table. What I'm trying to do is, if the user selects a Client from the Slicer, the measure (or column) should return the equivalent On-Time Window value (eg: user selects GHI, it should return 3). I tried this measure, but it doesn't work since it returns a table of values (I need a scalar value).

Bucket = IF(HASONEFILTER(Timeliness[Client]), VALUES(Bucket[On-time Window]), 50)

Is it possible to do this without having to use a Column and use a measure instead? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Phil_Seamark, I think I got it:

measure = 

VAR OTW = CALCULATE(
		LOOKUPVALUE(Bucket[On-time Window], Bucket[Client], MAX(Timeliness[Client]))
	)

RETURN

IF(HASONEFILTER(Timeliness[Client]), OTW, 5)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @olimilo

I think this calculated measure worked for me

Measure = IF(
	HASONEFILTER('Bucket'[Client]),
	--THEN---
	MAX('Bucket'[On-Time Window]),
	--ELSE---
	blank()
	)

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

So I tried it again, using the Bucket[Client] as the slicer and @Phil_Seamark's formula:

Measure = IF(
	HASONEFILTER('Bucket'[Client]),
	--THEN---
	MAX('Bucket'[On-Time Window]),
	--ELSE---
	blank()
	)

and it works. However, the rest of my vis are displaying blanks since the filter that was applied was from the other table. Is there something I can do to fix the rest of the vis?

Edit: Hi @Phil_Seamark, the first table Bucket has been shown earlier. The Timeliness would be something like this:

ClientDateReceivedDateReported
ABC1/1/20161/4/2016
GHI1/2/20161/3/2016
ABC1/3/20161/7/2016
JKL1/4/20161/10/2016
MNO1/4/20161/6/2016

Essentially, it's just a way to track if the reports were submitted on time, and that there is a threshold that differs on a per client basis (with the default being 5).

For the rest of the Vis, check which table you are using the Bucket field on each axis

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark, I'm afraid I don't follow. Also, not sure exactly how the table relations actually work here. When I selected a Table vis with the Timeliness[Client] and Bucket[On-time Window] as fields, I got the correct values. Now, what I'm trying to achieve is to substitute that value onto this measure (Bucket[On-time Window]):

On Time % = 
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Timeliness'), FILTER('Timeliness', 'Timeliness'[ReportRecievedTAT] <= Bucket[On-time Window])), -- Bucket[On-time Window] should be equivalent to the window according to the selected client, or 5 if all clients are selected
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Timeliness'), FILTER('Timeliness', 'Timeliness'[ReportRecievedTAT] >= 0)) )

But this gives the error: 

A single value for column 'On-time Window' in table 'Bucket' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result.

Hi again. I think you need to wrap a MAX function around your bucket [on time window]

Sorry am on my phone.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark, I think I got it:

measure = 

VAR OTW = CALCULATE(
		LOOKUPVALUE(Bucket[On-time Window], Bucket[Client], MAX(Timeliness[Client]))
	)

RETURN

IF(HASONEFILTER(Timeliness[Client]), OTW, 5)

Hi Phil, unfortunately it did not work for me. For context, I am using a Card vis (with the Timeliness[Bucket] as the field) and Timeliness[Client] as the field for the single-selection Slicer) to test if I'm getting the correct values. When I try your formula:

Bucket = IF(HASONEFILTER(Bucket[Client]), MAX(Bucket[On-time Window]), BLANK())

I'm getting a blank value (since it's thinking that Bucket was not filtered). When I change it to Timeliness like so:

Bucket = IF(HASONEFILTER(Timeliness[Client]), MAX(Bucket[On-time Window]), BLANK())

I'm only getting the maximum value, regardless of which Client I select.

I have already created the 1:M relationship between Bucket and Timeliness using the Client column.

Oh sorry.

I thought you just had a single table that had two columns.  

Are you able to show what the columns are in each table?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.