Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the child objects from MongoDB using R

Hi All,

I am facing problem while accessing the child level objects from MongoDB in PowerBI using R. Below is the data schema.

MongoDB.PNG

I am using the below R scripts to fetch the documents.

library(mongolite)
c = mongo(collection = "collection_name",db="Test")
query = c$find(query = "{}", fields = "{\"_id\":0}", sort = "{}", skip = 0, limit = 0, handler = NULL, pagesize = 1000)

I get the error like below

PowerBIError.PNG

Any suggestion. 

Thanks,

Sud

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please test your R script in R studio to check whether it can return correct results. Also, please expand the "Error" to get detailed error message.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I get the error like below.

DataFormat.Error: We cannot convert this value from its .RData representation.

Please let me know if I need to change anything from my source.

Thanks,

Sud

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I checked in R studio it returns me the exact data but the format has changed. Seems there need to change in data format.

Thanks,

Sud

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not very familiar with R script. But based on my research, it looks like there might existing problems with data convertion when getting child objects from MongoDB. Maybe above error message means that the data format cannot be converted automatically. You may need to force it to be changed in R code.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.