Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saanah2019
Helper II
Helper II

Get the SQL query for a dashboard

I built a specific dashboard with data coming in from CSVs. Now I have to build that same dashboard in SSRS

and so I was wondering if there was any way I could either:

1. Get all the data from that dashboard : I know the limit of exporting data in Power BI

2. Get the SQL query that the dashboard may have produced: I am not sure if Power BI does this

3. Any other suggestion you can have rather than having to recreate everything in SQL again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jshutters
Resolver I
Resolver I

About #1 (Exporting the data), this might be a good idea if it's a one-time effort and if your data < 1 million rows. To do this, I'd create a table visual in Power BI, and include all the fields that you want to export.

About #2, in Power BI, if your data is being imported from CSV files, then there is no SQL query behind the scenes, only M code which combines/transforms your data. (You can see the M code from the Query Editor --> Advanced Editor).

About #3, Nothing new comes to mind.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jshutters
Resolver I
Resolver I

About #1 (Exporting the data), this might be a good idea if it's a one-time effort and if your data < 1 million rows. To do this, I'd create a table visual in Power BI, and include all the fields that you want to export.

About #2, in Power BI, if your data is being imported from CSV files, then there is no SQL query behind the scenes, only M code which combines/transforms your data. (You can see the M code from the Query Editor --> Advanced Editor).

About #3, Nothing new comes to mind.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.