Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Get selectable measures on line chart to show as percentages

Hello, I am having some trouble with some selectable measures being displayed in a line graph and a matrix.

I inherited this report and am thinking about reworking it in future. But for the time being I just need to get it to work.

The user is to select from a list of measures that which they want displayed on a line chart. The actual data on that chart is displayed below in a matrix which is not necessarily to be responsive to the list slicer.

The slicer pulls from a list of names of measures which are themselves in their own table. A switch measure then determines which measure is selected by the user, and then displays the selected measure.

This system works. However, percentage numbers are not displayed as percentages, despite those measures being listed as percentages. In order to make them display as percentages in the matrix, I have to use the FORMAT() function. I have not been able to get them to successfully display as actual percentages in the graph. Using the FORMAT() function in conjunction with the graph actually breaks the graph; it goes blank.

So, what I need to know is:

1) How do I get those numbers to actually display as percentages on the graph.

2) Why does this work for the matrix, but not the graph? What am I doing wrong? Where is the disconnect?

3) Any ideas on other ways I could concisely-ish display over a dozen measures?

Thank you for your help!

Slicer.PNGPercentChart.PNG

SwitchMeasure.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jengwt ,

When using the FORMAT syntax you are transforming you value in text so it cannot be used in a chart although in a table, matrix or card work perfectly. One workaround can be to multiply the value of those percentages by 100 and then make a card to place above the chart  Y-axis telling the units something similar to this:

%.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix I see. And have the Y-axis label change depending on the selected measure. That's pretty ghetto, but until it could work for the time being. Thanks for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.