cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jengwt Resolver I
Resolver I

Get selectable measures on line chart to show as percentages

Hello, I am having some trouble with some selectable measures being displayed in a line graph and a matrix.

I inherited this report and am thinking about reworking it in future. But for the time being I just need to get it to work.

The user is to select from a list of measures that which they want displayed on a line chart. The actual data on that chart is displayed below in a matrix which is not necessarily to be responsive to the list slicer.

The slicer pulls from a list of names of measures which are themselves in their own table. A switch measure then determines which measure is selected by the user, and then displays the selected measure.

This system works. However, percentage numbers are not displayed as percentages, despite those measures being listed as percentages. In order to make them display as percentages in the matrix, I have to use the FORMAT() function. I have not been able to get them to successfully display as actual percentages in the graph. Using the FORMAT() function in conjunction with the graph actually breaks the graph; it goes blank.

So, what I need to know is:

1) How do I get those numbers to actually display as percentages on the graph.

2) Why does this work for the matrix, but not the graph? What am I doing wrong? Where is the disconnect?

3) Any ideas on other ways I could concisely-ish display over a dozen measures?

Thank you for your help!

Slicer.PNGPercentChart.PNG

SwitchMeasure.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Get selectable measures on line chart to show as percentages

Hi @jengwt ,

When using the FORMAT syntax you are transforming you value in text so it cannot be used in a chart although in a table, matrix or card work perfectly. One workaround can be to multiply the value of those percentages by 100 and then make a card to place above the chart  Y-axis telling the units something similar to this:

%.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

jengwt Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Get selectable measures on line chart to show as percentages

@MFelix I see. And have the Y-axis label change depending on the selected measure. That's pretty ghetto, but until it could work for the time being. Thanks for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors